The Collision Safety Institute’s Collision Reconstruction 1 course is a 2 week, 80 hour course taught in person over two consecutive weeks and is the ideal progression from a Dynamics or Advanced Accident Investigation course for those interested in developing a strong crash analysis and reconstruction skill set.
Building on skills from a Dynamics or Advanced Accident Investigation course where the attendee has been exposed to most types of motion analysis, the CSI Collision Reconstruction 1 course uses real world case examples as well as crash tests to reinforce core mechanical analytical concepts and skills toward a better understanding of the relevant speeds, times and distances one might use to more fully evaluate then describe or explain a crash in writing or to, for example, a jury.
- Core mechanics concepts toward a more complete understand of vehicle motion before, during and after a collision
- Advanced vehicle documentation focused on occupant motion and PDOF
- Application of time and distance models in the analysis of the lead up to a collision
- Special surface friction use case scenarios and airborne analysis
- Vector analysis
- Finding vehicle impact speeds using a conservation of linear momentum analysis
- Calculating then applying the change of velocity of a vehicle in a collision
- Finding the principal direction of force (PDOF)
- Basic energy models and methods
Attendees must bring:
- Laptop and charger with at least Adobe Acrobat reader and a spreadsheet program (like Excel)
- A scientific calculator
- Optional: a CAD (drawing) program installed on the laptop
To ensure all attendees have a common knowledge base, before the class one should have successfully completed a Dynamics, Advanced Traffic Crash Investigation or equivalent course covering, for example, basic motion equations and analysis as well as scene and vehicle documentation and diagramming.
Tuition: $1000 (USD)
Contact us to schedule a Reconstruction class.
To reserve a seat in a class:
Fill out the course reservation form by clicking on the link below. After you have completed the registration/reservation form, you will be provided options for tuition payment and see other confirmation options.