Crash Data Retrieval Data Analyst Training Series
The longest standing continuously offered CDR Data Analyst course available offers the collision reconstructionist who has completed the basic CDR Technician Course further insight into the function of the automobile Event Data Recorder (EDR) function or subcomponent, its history and evolution as well as expanded interpretation skills enabling the application of a Bosch Crash Data Retrieval (CDR) Tool generated report to a situationally complete crash reconstruction.
Using traditional reconstruction techniques such as momentum applications, an understanding of delta-V and PDOF and admissibility hearing issues unique to this technology as the basis for the course objectives, the CDR Data Analyst Certification course is both a natural extension of the CDR Technician training and an expansion of a reconstructionist’s skill set. There is no hands on “downloading” activity in this class since it is assumed that those in attendance have recently completed the Technician course and understand that process along with the underlying concepts of data storage in the EDR subcomponent, CDR software troubleshooting and related error messages and their solution(s). For that reason, there is no need to bring a complete CDR Tool to this course. Activity in this course is focused on reading, understanding and applying a CDR report to a normal, situationally complete reconstruction.
Working first with Vetronix and then with Bosch uninterrupted since 2000, CSI continues to offer unparalleled detailed training and support on the Bosch CDR Tool for reconstruction applications. Current content of the CDR Data Analyst’s Course covers the very latest in crash data from GM, Chrysler, Ford, Toyota, Honda, Nissan, Mazda, Suzuki, BMW, Volvo and Mercedes-Benz and others through the latest version of the CDR Tool software.
This constantly updated and refreshed course series remains the single most thorough, industry leading, most widely recognized, CDR Operators Technician and Data Analyst courses available anywhere. Don’t be short changed or mislead by individuals proposing some sort of combination technician/analyst, “EDR methodologies” or “update” class as having anything comparable to the content or completeness offered here. Other recent upstarts are just that: light on experience and real value. Anything else is simply out-of-date “EDR Light.”
Major course topics include:
- Terms and conventions the potential CDR Data Analyst may not be familiar with that are specific to this technology including crash pulse data recording strategies, and CDR System software function (hexadecimal data to plain language and CDR report format basics). Significant detail includes the impact of 49CFR563 on the crash data that is and is not available.
- Manufacturer specific information always including the latest coverage for the various manufacturers as supported by the latest version of the CDR Tool software.
Many practical and relevant hands on exercises including integral calculus applications for recorded crash pulse data (bring a laptop!), tire size change calculations, closing velocity calculations, PDOF from crash data, PCM data analysis (finding the actual “moment of impact”) and more.
This course is conducted during a very full 40 hours over 5 days starting at 8am and ending at about 5:00PM/17:00hrs on the last day of the course. (Some course offering times may vary by location and facility). Please make your travel arrangements to allow for ample time to get to the airport and go through security after the completion of the course on the last day assuming the class will close at 5PM. Given the volume of material, this course does not usually end earlier than 4:30PM (1630hrs) on the last day and may run later depending on the course flow relative to the involvement and interest level of the students in attendance.
Required equipment: a laptop computer with at least Adobe Acrobat Reader, a spreadsheet program (i.e.: Microsoft Office Excel), and a scientific calculator or the Window’s calculator installed. Ideally, administrative rights to the computer for full access to functions. Course materials and course projects are distributed digitally during the course to be read/worked on with your laptop. The CDR Tool hardware is not required for this course but having the latest version of the CDR software installed would be beneficial.
The Technician courses are available separately at the Training tab at: EDRExperts.com. Check back here before the class start date for potential class location updates or changes. We don’t normally make hotel recommendations but, where and if we have suggestions, they are listed with the class location below.
Tuition: $675 (USD)
Lead Instructor: W. R. “Rusty” Haight – has taught CDR courses since the earliest Vetronix training seminar in 2000 and conducted CDR specific research used as part of the material in this course
- July 23-27: Chino, CA Sponsored by the Chino Police Department at their facility at 5450 Guardian Way, Chino, CA 91710. (Registration closed)
- August 27-31: Florence, TX Sponsored by the Texas DPS at their training facility at 810 County Rd 240, Florence, TX 76527 (nearest variety of hotels would be about 25 minutes south in Round Rock, TX or about the same distance north in Killeen, TX) (Registration closes 8/10/18)
- September 24-28: Edmonton, AB Sponsored by the Edmonton Police Service at their Gateway Training Facility at 2404 Gateway Blvd SW, Edmonton AB
- November 26-30: Golden, CO Sponsored by the Colorado State Patrol at their Academy at 15055 South Golden Road, Golden, CO 80401
- January 14-18, 2019: League City, TX Sponsored by the League City, TX Police Department at their facility at 555 West Walker St, League City, TX 77573
Technician courses are available from Certified CDR Technician Trainer Mentors can be found at http://www.edrexperts.com/trai
To reserve a seat in a class:
Fill out the course reservation form by clicking on the link below. After you have completed the registration/reservation form, you will be provided options for tuition payment and see other confirmation options.
Crash Data Retrieval Technician Courses
CSI’s Technician level training is conducted by CDR Technician Trainer Mentors who have completed the Technician Train the Trainer class. Technician level classes and recognized Trainer Mentors are listed at EDRExperts.com