Crash Data Retrieval Data Analyst Training Series
The longest standing continuously offered CDR Data Analyst course available offers the collision reconstructionist who has completed the basic CDR Technician Course (CDR Technician 1 and, optionally, level 2) further insight into the function of the automobile Event Data Recorder (EDR) function or subcomponent, its history and evolution as well as expanded interpretation skills enabling the application of a Bosch Crash Data Retrieval (CDR) Tool generated report to a situationally complete crash reconstruction.
Using traditional reconstruction techniques such as momentum applications, an understanding of delta-V and PDOF and admissibility hearing issues unique to this technology as the basis for the course objectives, the CDR Data Analyst Certification course is both a natural extension of the CDR Technician training and an expansion of a reconstructionist’s skill set. There is no hands on “downloading” activity in this class since it is assumed that those in attendance have recently completed the Technician course and understand that process along with the underlying concepts of data storage in the EDR subcomponent, CDR software troubleshooting and related error messages and their solution(s). For that reason, there is no need to bring a complete CDR Tool to this course. Activity in this course is focused on reading, understanding and applying a CDR report to a normal, situationally complete reconstruction.
Working first with Vetronix and then with Bosch uninterrupted since 2000, CSI continues to offer unparalleled detailed training and support on the Bosch CDR Tool for reconstruction applications. Current content of the CDR Data Analyst’s Course covers the very latest in crash data from GM, Chrysler, Ford, Toyota, Honda, Nissan, Mazda, Suzuki, BMW, Volvo and Mercedes-Benz and others through version 14.x.
This constantly updated and refreshed course series remains the single most thorough, industry leading, most widely recognized, CDR Operators Technician and Data Analyst courses available anywhere. Don’t be short changed or mislead by individuals proposing some sort of combination technician/analyst, “EDR methodologies” or “update” class as having anything comparable to the content or completeness offered here. Other recent upstarts are just that: light on experience and real value. Anything else is simply out-of-date “EDR Light.”
Major course topics include:
- Terms and conventions the potential CDR Data Analyst may not be familiar with that are specific to this technology including crash pulse data recording strategies, and CDR System software function (hexadecimal data to plain language and CDR report format basics). Significant detail includes the impact of 49CFR563 on the crash data that is and is not available.
- Manufacturer specific information always including the latest coverage for the various manufacturers as supported by the latest version of the CDR Tool software.
Many practical and relevant hands on exercises including integral calculus applications for recorded crash pulse data (bring a laptop!), tire size change calculations, closing velocity calculations, PDOF from crash data, PCM data analysis (finding the actual “moment of impact”) and more.
This course is conducted during a very full 40 hours over 5 days starting at 8am and ending at about 5:00PM/17:00hrs on the last day of the course. (Some course offering times may vary by location and facility). Please make your travel arrangements to allow for ample time to get to the airport and go through security after the completion of the course on the last day assuming the class will close at 5PM. Given the volume of material, this course does not usually end earlier than 4:30PM (1630hrs) on the last day and may run later depending on the course flow relative to the involvement and interest level of the students in attendance.
Required equipment: a laptop computer with at least Adobe Acrobat Reader, a spreadsheet program (i.e.: Microsoft Office Excel), and a scientific calculator or the Window’s calculator installed. Ideally, administrative rights to the computer for full access to functions. Course materials and course projects are distributed digitally during the course to be read/worked on with your laptop. The CDR Tool hardware is not required for this course but having the latest version of the CDR software installed would be beneficial.
The Technician level 1 and 2 courses are available separately at: CDR-Training.com. Check back here before the class start date for potential class location updates or changes. We don’t normally make hotel recommendations but, where and if we have suggestions, they are listed with the class location below.
Tuition: $675 (USD)
Lead Instructor: W. R. “Rusty” Haight – has taught CDR courses since the earliest Vetronix training seminar in 2000 and conducted CDR specific research used as part of the material in this course
- October 13-17, 2014: Evanston, IL on the campus of Northwestern University through Northwestern University’s Center for Public Safety. To register, visit the Center for Public Safety website (Registration Closed)
- October 27-31, 2014: Helena, MT sponsored by the Helena Police department at their facility at 221 Breckenridge Street, Helena, MT (Registration Closed)
- February 9-13, 2015: Poway, CA sponsored by the San Diego County Sheriff’s Department at the Poway Fire Department training facility, 14322 Pomerado Rd, Poway, CA
- March 23-27, 2015: Marietta, GA sponsored by the Cobb County Police at the Cobb County facility at 662 South Cobb Drive, Marietta, GA 30060
- April 6-10, 2015: Evanston, IL on the campus of Northwestern University through Northwestern University’s Center for Public Safety. To register, visit the Center for Public Safety website
- April 27-May 1, 2015: Longmont, CO sponsored by the Longmont Police Department at the Intrado facility at 1601 Dry Creek Dr, Longmont, CO 80503
To reserve a seat in a class:
Fill out the course reservation form by clicking on the link below. After you have completed the registration/reservation form, you will be provided options for tuition payment and see other confirmation options.