Crash Data Retrieval Data Analyst Training Series
The longest standing continuously offered CDR Data Analyst course available offers the collision reconstructionist who has completed the basic CDR Technician Course (CDR Technician 1 and, optionally, level 2) further insight into the function of the automobile Event Data Recorder (EDR) function or subcomponent, its history and evolution as well as expanded interpretation skills enabling the application of a Bosch Crash Data Retrieval (CDR) Tool generated report to a situationally complete crash reconstruction.
Using traditional reconstruction techniques such as momentum applications, an understanding of delta-V and PDOF and admissibility hearing issues unique to this technology as the basis for the course objectives, the CDR Data Analyst Certification course is both a natural extension of the CDR Technician training and an expansion of a reconstructionist’s skill set. There is no hands on “downloading” activity in this class since it is assumed that those in attendance have recently completed the Technician course and understand that process along with the underlying concepts of data storage in the EDR subcomponent, CDR software troubleshooting and related error messages and their solution(s). For that reason, there is no need to bring a complete CDR Tool to this course. Activity in this course is focused on reading and understanding a CDR report then applying it to a normal, situationally complete reconstruction.
Working first with Vetronix and then with Bosch uninterrupted since 2000, CSI continues to offer the longest standing, unparalleled training and support on the Bosch CDR Tool. Current content of the CDR Data Analyst’s Course covers the very latest in GM, Chrysler, Ford, Toyota, Honda, Nissan, Mazda, Suzuki, BMW, Volvo and Mercedes-Benz crash data through version 12.x.
Our courses remain the most thorough, industry leading, most widely recognized, CDR Operators Technician and Data Analyst courses available anywhere. Don’t be short changed or mislead by individuals proposing some sort of combination technician/analyst, “EDR methodologies” or “update” class as having anything comparable to the content or completeness offered here. Other recent upstarts are just that: light on experience and real value. Anything else is simply out-of-date “EDR Light.”
Major course topics include:
- Terms and conventions the potential CDR Data Analyst may not be familiar with that are specific to this technology including crash pulse data recording strategies, airbag deployment decision making basics and CDR System software function (hexadecimal data to plain language and CDR report format basics).
- Manufacturer specific information always including the latest coverage for the various manufacturers as supported by the latest version of the CDR Tool software.
Many practical and relevant hands on exercises including integral calculus applications for recorded crash pulse data (bring a laptop or calculator!), tire size change calculations, closing velocity calculations, PDOF from crash data, PCM data analysis (finding the actual “moment of impact”) and more.
This course is conducted during a very full 40 hours over 5 days starting at 8am and ending at about 5:00PM/17:00hrs on the last day of the course. (Some course offering times may vary by location and facility). Please make your travel arrangements to allow for ample time to get to the airport and go through security after the completion of the course on the last day assuming the class will close at 5PM. Given the volume of material, this course does not usually end earlier than 4:30PM (1630hrs) on the last day and may run later depending on the course flow relative to the involvement and interest level of the students in attendance.
Required equipment: a scientific calculator is required for some of the hands-on activities (i.e.: integral calculus or PDOF calculations). A laptop computer with the latest version of the CDR program a spreadsheet program or MS Excel installed are strongly encouraged. No other specific equipment (i.e.: the CDR Tool) is required for this course.
The Technician level 1 and 2 courses are available at: CDR-Training.com. Check back here before the class start date for potential class location updates or changes. We don’t normally make hotel recommendations but, where we have suggestions, they are listed with the class location below.
Tuition: $675 (USD)
Lead Instructor: W. R. “Rusty” Haight – has taught CDR courses since the earliest Vetronix training seminar in 2000 and conducted CDR specific research used as part of the material in this course
- May 5-9, 2014: Chattanooga, TN sponsored by the Chattanooga Police Department Police at their facility at 3410 Amnicola Hwy, Chattanooga, TN 37406 (registration closed)
- May 12-16, 2014: Worcester, MA sponsored by the Worcester Police Department at 9-11 Lincoln Square, Worcester, MA 01608 (Please note location change. Class nearly full, registration closes April 14, 2014)
- May 19-23, 2014: Orange County, CA sponsored by the Orange County (CA) Sheriff’s Department at the OCSD Training Center at 1900 W. Katella Avenue, Orange, CA 92867
- June 16-20, 2014: Alameda, CA sponsored by the Alameda Police Department at Alameda Free Library Community Meeting Room, 1550 Oak Street, Alameda, CA (directly across the street from the Police Department)
- August 4-8, 2014: Austin, TX sponsored by the Texas Department of Public Safety at the DPS academy at 5805 North Lamar Boulevard, Classroom B, Austin, TX
- October 13-17, 2014: Evanston, IL On the campus of Northwestern University through Northwestern University’s Center for Public Safety. To register, visit the Center for Public Safety website
- November 3-7, 2014: Helena, MT sponsored by the Helena Police department at their facility at 221 Breckenridge Street, Helena, MT
- April 6-10, 2015: Evanston, IL On the campus of Northwestern University through Northwestern University’s Center for Public Safety. To register, visit the Center for Public Safety website
To reserve a seat in a class:
Fill out the course reservation form by clicking on the link below. After you have completed the registration/reservation form, you will be provided options for tuition payment and see other confirmation options.